Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Writing marathon

November is the month for NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month, which is kind of a marathon race for writers. If you volunteer to participate, you will have to write 50,000 words in 30 days.
The idea comes from the mind of an American - what else - writer, who started the craze in 1999 with 21 participants. Last year the event had exploded to 42,000, and let me just predict wildly here that this year it is going to be even bigger.
I am going to be a part of it in 2005, and I will attempt to write a pulp fantasy novel before 30 November. If I don't make it, call me a loser. A wimp. If it is not totally crap, I might even let you read it.
NaNoWriMo also collects money to build libraries in development countries, and this year the funds go to children's libraries in Laos. So, if you are not writing, you can donate instead. Click on the NaNoWriMo picture and do it. NOW!