Saturday, December 04, 2004

Banking, training, closing in on Xmas

The days are passing by in a blur. Working 9-5 has a lot of disadvantages. Firstly, you can't get into a bank while they are open. That's a big let-down if you have to pay rent the old-fashioned way. I guess I have to set up another online banking solution - I already have it with our Danish bank and also with my Natwest account, but we never needed it with our Royal Bank of Scotland account. Until now.
I have had three weeks of training now, and I am about ready to go online to provide German and British Adobe users solutions and answers over the phone or at least by email. I've been whizzing through the coming version of Acrobat, and DTP packages PageMaker, InDesign and FrameMaker. FrameMaker is the scary one. It looks like an application from 1989 - and probably is - and it handles huge volumes like dictionaries or thick manuals.
The big Christmas three down by our local church has been lit, and Mrs Rasmussen and I went for a walk tonight to have a look at it.
In a week's time we are having friends over for a traditional Danish Christmas lunch, complete with herring, liver pate and snaps.