Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Fortysomething

I am a year older today, and for the first time ever, the family were not together to celebrate this morning, as Mrs Rasmussen was working in St Andrews. But I opened my cards and presents with the lovely kids before they went to school. Later more cards and emails arrived, thank you all. The weather is truly terrible with rain and storm.
Yesterday the Danish football team gave me a nice present when they qualified to the quarter finals in Euro 2004. British television decided to show the match between Italy and Bulgaria instead, morons, so we had to find a neighbor with digital TV to watch the game.
Tonight we are having a few friends over for dinner. I am cooking Thai-style lamb burgers in Ciabatta buns, and the buns are raising at this moment in the kitchen.